Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Green painted, Cottage Chic chest of drawers!

Hello once again!

I wanted to show you the evolution of this peice! I bought it off my good friend Bonnie, at Bonnie's Bargins, in Roanoke Va.

This peice was in very poor condition. Maybe a little more than I thought originally. The bottom trim was mostly gone. The whole peice was extremely wobbly. However for $15.00 for a wood chest of drawers, it wasn't to be passed up!

First I removed all the charming hardware. I did not do anything to them, just because they didn't need anything. They had all the right patina!

I then removed what trim was around the bottom.  I will be replacing it later.

I had to reglue some of the paneling on the sides due to seperation. I just took a business card with Gorilla Glue on the edges and rubbed it between the layers. I then took two boards and clamps, as I clamped them together.

For the bottom I purchased a popular board and cut it to fit. I allowed the width of the boards on side, so the front board would fit evenly across the front. This also  made the chest of drawers very sturdy! A win win!

Now the paint! I had a friend choose the color just to make it fun. It felt like a game challenge!  It was a fresh of breath air and fun. I would recommend if you are in a funk and need to mix it up!

Applying the paint always make sure to ruff up the wood so the paint sticks well. Your brush strokes should go with the grain of the wood as well in a straight line. I like to apply all my paint to a side and work my brush from one side all the way across to the other side. This give me nice neat lines!

I hope you got something out of this post. Please leave comments below! I really love feedback, good or bad!

www.facebook.com/rileysuniques

No comments:

Post a Comment