Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Struggling with a Mid Century blue and gold dresser!

Well here we are again! Another dresser down and I will be going to the next one very soon!

This peice was definitely a challenge!  I feel like we had a love hate relationship through the process. :-)

This peice started out a yellow 60's color with cold tone handles. I loved the handles and the color, but what would go well with it? (We will get to that later)

This peice had some seperation at the bottom on the trim about half an inch. I thought no big deal, some Gorilla Glue and some clamps, we will be good to go! Hahaha (the evil laugh ensues)!

I'm still not sure how it seperated but the bottom trim peice was in its slots nice and snug. I had to cut it loose with a hand saw, to allow the trim to meet up in its proper place. I attached some blocks behind to ensure no movement will occur. Problem solved!

Now I come back to the paint. I had recently finished a peice that had blue drawers, gold handles and a white cabinet. So I grabbed the same paint and bought some, antique gold, paint to trim out the drawers. I topped it with a water based polly!  Volla, Perfect!

I hope that you enjoy the peice. If you have any questions please leave me comments below!

www.facebook.com/rileysuniques

No comments:

Post a Comment