Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Sewing machine base to dining table!

I picked up this sewing machine treadle off of a craigslist ad.

I was searching for one for a personal project I wanted for my appartment. I personally hate having anything that someone else may have!

I wanted to make a dining table that could seat four people. I already had a formica top table from a previous purchase. I thought they would merge lovely. 

I also had just purchased a set of four Cosco folding chairs. Art deco style!

It was a marriage that was ment to be!

First I decided to paint the sewing treadle orange, by first priming it with a white. This would allow the orange to be nice and bright!

I then took the original legs off of the formica table. I wanted a mural painting, like the ones you see on the side of a building. So I decided on Orange Crush. (Made sense with the base!)

I used blue painters tape to draw my images on. Then i cut them out with a razor. (This will give you clean lines)

I topped it off with a satin clear.

I still want to cover the chairs with a fabric I have purchased for the job! I will publish photos once this is done.

Please leave comments below! I would love to know your thoughts!

www.facebook.com/rileysuniques

No comments:

Post a Comment